Thursday, March 8, 2012

Cleaning Tips

I have found that Pinterest isn't only to find beautiful outfits and items for the home but also a couple cleaning tips.  I tried on Friday night.  I like cleaning the dishwasher at least once a quarter but lets face it the stuff you buy in the stores can get expensive.  I was happy to give this tip a try and even more happy to find out it works just as well as the store bought items.



Source:



Place a dishwasher-safe cup filled with plain white vinegar on the top rack of the dishwasher. Using the hottest water available, run the dishwasher through a cycle. The vinegar will help to wash away the loose, greasy grime, sanitizes, and helps remove the musty odor. Next, sprinkle a cupful of baking soda around the bottom of the tub and run it through a short cycle. The baking soda will help freshen and removing stains.


Whoever figured this out is a genius. And I am so thankful to whoever shared it.

7 comments :

  1. I am absolutely trying this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome. I did the microwave and lemon trick and it is grand too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I read that somewhere for a washing machine but never thought about it for a dishwasher too. Awesome tip!

    KK

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to try that in my microwave, no amount of cleaning gets the bacon smell out
    xoxo
    SC

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoa! Thanks for sharing. I need to get in on this!

    P.S. I am your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is great! It is truly amazing what all you can do with vinegar!

    ReplyDelete